A first for Cork, on Sunday November 23 there will be a Model Diecast, Diorama and Toy Show at the Cork Airport International Hotel. Organised by Mike Murphy of Murphy’s Gala shop in Innishannon, together with his daughter Aoife and son Fionn, admission is only €5 for adults and free for children under 14, with all profits going to Marymount Hospice. Mike is a model enthusiast, with a Collector Toys shop himself and he and Aoife have put together a fantastic show for all the family to enjoy.
The Model Fest will cover a wide area of model diecast; cars, tractors, trucks, buses, military vehicles, trains, dolls and doll’s houses, as well as boat model making and diorama’s of farm layouts, quarry scenes and truck displays.
Exhibitors are travelling from all over Ireland to display their own unique collections. The following is just a small sample of what will be on show on the day:
• A unique collection of livestock trucks from all over Ireland, UK and Europe – these will include many scratch build models.
• An obsolete collection of vintage British farm models from the 1960s, 70s and 80s – all in original boxed condition. This will bring back many happy memories to people now ‘matured’.
• Local people who scratch model boats will display their recent builds and will be delighted to talk to people about the art of model building.
• In the Diorama section, there will be exhibitors who have built model farm layouts, with both modern and vintage scenes, as well as quarry scenes and model truck layouts.
• For railway enthusiasts there will be model train layouts to take in.
• A display of remote control trucks and military vehicles will provide huge excitement.
The Model Fest is open to the public from 10.30am to 5pm and will provide hours of entertainment for all the family, young and old. For enquiries, please contact Mike on 087 2355379.